How to record CTRL+click action ?

• 26 July 2021
  • 4 replies

For a specific wizard, I need to select several fields from a list in an HTML UI.

As a user, a would perform a CTRL + clik to select several items simultaneously.

But when I record this action in Kryon, only the click is recorded. The wizard did not detect that I was pressing the CTRL key the whole time.

25650iFA6C82205895259D.jpg 

Do you have any tip on how to perform a "multiple selection" action with Kryon ?

4 replies

Hi Jeremy,

You should be able to do this by converting your core action from a "click" to a "hover" then insert a mouse click advanced command in the step end section. The command should be configured to click at the current mouse position and apply the CTRL functional key as shown in the picture below. I hope this helps 🙂

Hello Darren,

Your help was extremely precious ! It works the way you suggest : "Hover" core action + advanded commande mouse click.

I have one last issue though : as you can see in my original screencap, I have to select items from a list which can be scrolled down.

The "hover" core action is able to detect the object at the top of the list (for example the "Erreur de date AH"), but if I have to hover on an item lower on the list, it doesn't work. Kryon is able to scroll down a whole web page when looking for an object, but it does not scroll down within a list like here.

Do you have an idea what do here ? (Oh course I can make Kryon scroll down by clicking on the arrow, but I was looking for something more steady).

Hi Jeremy,

Actually, for your specific use case, pressing the page down key is best because your list is short. However, if you are curious on how to enable scroll down using the visual algorithm, please see this article: https://kryonsystems.force.com/KryoNet/s/question/0D51o00006WFIfPCAX/enable-inner-scrolling-during-recording . Inner scrolling down lists and dropdowns can be a bit hit and miss because sometimes the "skin" of a scrollbar looks different than normal. Also, the position of the scroll on the page can affect it too.

Regards,

Darren

Ctrl-clicking (pronounced "control clicking") is easy. To do it, you just press and hold the Ctrl key down while you click the mouse.

Record a macro

1. Start the application or game where you want to record the macro.
  2. Press the Macro Record button on the mouse. ...
  3. Press the mouse button to which you will assign the macro. ...
  4. Perform the actions you want to record. ...
  5. When you have finished recording your macro, press the Macro Record button again.

Macros recorded in keyboard and mouse are interchangeable. You can run them or edit them from either program. hangman tv mount to buy... Click in Editor, and enter your macro. You can record events such as keystrokes, mouse clicks, and delays between actions.