How can I browse folders from a given directory ?

• 10 August 2021
  • 3 replies

For a wizard, I would like to get the list of folders in a given directory.

For example, I have a work directory "TO DO" where I have a list of sub-folders with the pattern "Name_FirstName_Date".

I would like my wizard to handle each of the subfolders matching the pattern, one by one.

In short, I would like the same fonction as "Get Files" but for folders :-) Is there a reason why it (apparently) does not exist ?

3 replies

hey Jeremy, maybe PowerShell?

Get-ChildItem -Path C: -Recurse -Directory -Force-ErrorActionSilentlyContinue | Select-Object FullName

or better:

Get-ChildItem -Path C:Jeremy -Recurse -Directory -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Select-Object FullName

will show me all the subfolders

Hi Jeremy, in addition to Marlon's response you can also use Python. Please see below images for the configuration. I don't think there is a native command to get the 1st level directories natively, but you may be able to ask for this as a feature request via your CSM. Thanks, Darren

(source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29206384/python-folder-names-in-the-directory)

Thanks a lot to you both ! That will do the trick.

I don't think enough of using script solutions... I think that would be useful to have a native command though. I am suprised it exists for files but not folders (there must be a reason). I'll make a request about this.

Thank you again !