DB logging

• 27 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello.

Did I understand correctly that through the instruction in the file - Kryon RPA - Base Wizard Template (With DB Logging) v2.pdf I can, for example, in my test database (not kryon), create a table, create global groups, and in any wizard, add global groups and each step performed by the robot will be written to the table in my test database?

This is how I understand it, something similar to debug trace, when you run a wizard from the studio and there you can see the txt file, only this is logging for the robot, when it starts, for example, in the mode unatended, only it will be in the table in the database

6 replies

the file I took from the downloads from this post

https://community.kryonsystems.com/s/article/Automation-Lifecycle-Step-by-Step-Walkthrough-Chapter-2-Customer-Feedback-Collection-Analysis-and-Reporting#2

Hi @Dmitry Dmitry​ 

Glad you are keen on reading articles from Kryonet.

Yes got it completely right. As mentioned in guide, set up correct query in Kryon admin for connection. And also in base wizard template there is flag called as "enableDBLog" which is by default set to 'N', change it to 'Y'.

Hope this is helpful. Don't forget to like and share on your social network.

Rgds

Zakir K

Yes, very helpful.

There was an obsessive idea to implement such monitoring, but there was no understanding from which side to go, now I think everything will work out, thanks!

@Zakir Khan​ hi!

did not quite understand this phrase

to handle any exceptions, I add exception handling to the step blocks, i.e. I have to do it with my hands in any case, i.e. I add the global error handling function to places where errors can occur, and the phrase that I gave as an example makes me think that I can not add error handling, for example, the window is not found in the block, and the main wizard will still find this error and write it to base, is it true or false?

I always need to add error handling through global functions, and if in some place I missed and did not add and an error occurs in this place, then this error will not be written to the database?

In general, I did it according to the instructions and it works, it looks cool!

I tried to do something like this before, but just through a request and did not save this info anywhere

SELECT DISTINCT convert (varchar, Dateadd (hour, 3, StartTime), 20) as 'StartTime'

, convert (varchar, Dateadd (hour, 3, EndTime), 20) as 'EndTime'

, DATEDIFF (SECOND, convert (varchar, Dateadd (hour, 3, StartTime), 20), convert (varchar, Dateadd (hour, 3, EndTime), 20)) as 'Duration'

, View_AutomationClients.MachineName as 'MachineName'

, View_AutomationClients.FriendlyName as 'RobotName'

, [TaskName] as 'TaskName'

, View_AutomationClients.UserName as 'Username'

/*,View_RunHistoryWithRuntimeActions.ExtraData as 'Additional info' * /

, ExtraData as 'Error'

, CASE

WHEN WizardCompletedStatus = 1 then 'Failed'

WHEN WizardCompletedStatus = 2 then 'Stopped'

WHEN WizardCompletedStatus = 3 then 'Canceled'

WHEN WizardCompletedStatus = 4 then 'Unsuccessfully'

else '0'

end as 'Status'

FROM [Kryon]. [Dbo]. [View_DashboardTaskOverview] inner join [Kryon]. [Dbo]. [View_RunHistoryWithRuntimeActions]

ON View_DashboardTaskOverview.TaskID = View_RunHistoryWithRuntimeActions.TaskID

inner join [Kryon]. [dbo]. [View_AutomationClients]

ON View_DashboardTaskOverview.ClientID = View_AutomationClients.ID

Where View_RunHistoryWithRuntimeActions.ActionType = 0 AND WizardCompletedStatus! = 0 --AND View_DashboardTaskOverview.GroupID = 25

order by StartTime desc

And having done according to your instructions, it looks more impressive and is stored in the table. Thank you!

Thanks Dima for your feedback!!!