Question

Where can I find walkthroughs for a set of examples (process maps)?

• 13 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

My organisation produced a walkthrough video for working with process maps.

The problem is that I can’t learn processing mapping from one example.

I need about ten examples, with an associated walkthrough, before I am going to be comfortable with the steps involved.

What can you suggest?

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Prouser,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I suggest leveraging our Process Manager learning content as it will help you with your journey when building process maps and Nintex Gallery, which has a variety of templates for common work scenarios that can assist you when getting started.

Learning Paths:

Hope this helps 😀

@butlerj@EvgeniosE, and @MattHSpears - 

Can you guys help @Prouser with additional process maps and walkthroughs?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Prouser - definitely start with the Process Manager Fundamentals for Editors learning path that Wasim linked to.

The first five courses in this learning path will help you understand the components of a process (triggers, inputs, activities, tasks, outputs) and how to map those components in a way that is understandable for your audience. 

Badge +1

I suggest leveraging our Process Manager learning content as it will help you with your journey when building process maps and Nintex Gallery, [...]

Hope this helps 😀

I tried to access the Nintex Gallery, but I don’t know how to load the .xml file in Process Manager. I thought maybe it might be import > Procedure text, but that doesn’t look right.

What am I missing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Prouser,

You may want to Import from XML to a process group.

1. On the main navigation bar, navigate to Processes and select a process group to which you want to add the process.
  2. Click the cogwheel icon (⚙️) > and then click Import / Export > Import from XML.
  3. Under File to import, click Choose File, and then select the required file.
  4. Click Import.

You may receive a few warnings as some process elements may not appear in your Process Manager site. However, the process is imported, displayed, and ready for you to edit. For more information, check out Import a process.

Let me know if this helps! 😊

Badge +1

I opened a process, but didn’t get an “import” option until I chose “edit”. Once I chose edit, the import function said “Import Procedure text” (not import file).

Is it possible my organisation has disabled “import > file”?

(There’s no option for “process modelling” either, that’s another function I don’t have access to)

You guys have been a great help, but I think this is the end of the road!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Prouser The XML import is at the process group level, not the process level. Try that, and if there is no option for XML import, then I suggest contacting your Promaster to verify if that configuration is turned on or off in your environment.