Solved

Process Rating/Feedback - How to increase engagement?

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I’m trying to increase staff engagement to the processes in our organisation. For instance, the obvious mechanism seems to be by encouraging people to provide feedback and to ‘star rate’ processes. However, despite of several communications requesting this, there doesn’t seem to be much change, i.e. numbers in those ratios (Suggestions / feedback, star rating) are very low.

I was thinking in perhaps creating a competition and a survey (prizes involved for both). However, I would be open for other suggestions please? Have you created a similar strategy for your organisations?

I would be grateful with any contribution in this space.

Thanks,

Carlos

icon

Best answer by MattHSpears 26 June 2023, 16:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @cferrer - below are a few suggestions I have seen clients use successfully to increase engagement:

• Embedding minimode process links into other apps and tools (where applicable), particularly processes that involve that system, to give more insight to people who are navigating that other app, in exactly how to use it and when.
  • Surface associated process content on group SharePoint pages to catch and redirect the users who frequent those pages
  • Incorporate a “process highlight” section into internal meetings (business unit meetings, leadership meetings, staff meetings, stand up meetings, etc.) to keep the company standards at the top-of-mind. Leadership meetings in particular are a great place to share key process metrics (total views, total feedback, time saved due to process improvements, etc.).
  • Challenge peer group/ community of practice teams to review at least one process for accuracy as part of each of their meetings. This is helpful in getting people who perform the same job function together to do a comprehensive process review together.
  • Create a new-hire process “scavenger hunt” by asking 20-30 questions related to standard business processes. This will require them to get into Process Manager and search for and review process content to obtain the answers. Acknowledge and reward those who complete the scavenger hunt.
  • Project controls – encourage each project team to print out key processes to PDF and write names of individuals responsible for completion of certain activities in the swimlane. This personalizes the process and sends a clear message that standard processes are meant to be followed.
  • Use Lean tagging feature to create tags to identify “problem areas” of a process (typically where the business has failed historically and is at a higher risk). Run a tag report before leadership meetings and spend a portion of the meeting assessing the performance of the processes as currently designed.
  • Tie Process Owner/Expert and Group Champion KPIs (process review dates and number of unanswered feedback items are two places to start) to the individual’s performance review. This ties their contributions to making the company better to their merit increase and/or bonus potential.
  • Identify your internal Process Manager advocates and have them host a Process Manager lunch and learn once per month where they introduce new users to the tool and highlight key processes relevant to the current stage of the business cycle.
  • Utilize existing communication channels (company newsletters, any other regularly scheduled emails to the company) to promote process content in Process Manager. This sends a clear message that corporate communications and leadership support the process management effort. Word this in such a way that implies people should already be using Process Manager.
  • Post short “did you know” videos on company social media. You can use this to update users on new processes being built, or to draw their attention to critical processes that have already been mapped.
  • Hold quarterly process forums with your Group Champions. Have them review the process framework and look for gaps and overlaps that need to be modified to keep the content as relevant as possible. These are the leaders who have the authority to make these types of process decisions.
Badge +3

Hi @MattHSpears , thank you so much for that answer. It is really helpful. I have been using a couple of those already but there a few others that will be great to implement (and we will :).

For instance, (and this in the spirit of sharing with this community too), I shoot videos periodically which are published in our internal channels where on top of sharing knowledge about (Process Manager), I have also included a few process experts in an ‘interview format’ to talk about their experience with the platform.

We also run surveys once or twice a year to seek feedback from the staff in terms of the use of Process Manager. There are prizes involved for those who participate, etc.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing those valuable insights.

Regards,

Carlos