Solved

Configuration functionality Promapp

We use Promapp for both business as usual process management i.e. maps due for review, approval, reference, improvements, and also as a project resource. BAU and Projects have disparate needs which can't be accommodated in the configuration requirements.

An example is the review approval workflow. If this was to be switched on for BAU it would cause nightmares for projects as Business Analysts and Project Managers would be constantly getting update reminders. They would also reflect as overdue in the dashboard (which also can't be restricted to BAU making it unusable).

For us it is not as simple as 1) project creates a process, b) published and c) handed over to BAU. We may create multiple versions with different purposes e.g. once is very detailed reflecting integrations for testing but is not required to be maintained post project so won't ever have a BAU owner. Another is a BAU higher level process.

Has anyone else come up against this, and if so what did you do?

icon

Best answer by MarkduToit 4 May 2022, 08:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @rachelh, currently there is no way to selectively switch off the reviews and approval workflows, and I see that you have already raised a User Voice item to request this functionality.

Although not a permanent solution to the problem, you can set the review times for the Projects-based processes to a maximum of 48 months, and in the interim garner support for your User Voice item from your internal users to bump it up on the priority list 

Thanks Mark. Does seem like a possible interim measure for the review process. This was just one example of how the configuration isn't ideal if a business is trying to use it for two different purposes. Things like the dashboard, title names, feedback off or on are also challenges. I think the best solution for us at the moment is probably a separate tenant.