How to continue next step within a loop?

• 23 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, i have create an Advanced Command in Step End like below.

Example, I having a loop count of 2.

While count <= 2

then go to step 8,9,10 and so on..

25536i90360FDBF20DF3C0.jpg

Is this the only way to set the Go to Step? If i have 50 steps, then i have to set it 50 times?

Is there anyway i can just set to continue step 8 and automatically to step 9,10 and so on?

25537i254C0B282EF7ADB2.jpg

2 replies

Hi @Nelson Lai​ 

Advanced commands are executed top to bottom, so actually, when you have "go to step 8", the robot will go to step 8, and the advanced commands below are not executed.

Here is what you should do:

move the "mathematics" command above "go to step 8".

remove "go to step 9& 10" commands.

By default, at the end of each step it continues to next step, so from step 8 it will go to step 9 and then 10.

I am not sure what is the logic of this automation (meaning what you are trying to achieve here) so you have to find the right way to go back to the loop, to check the condition. It could be that at step 10 you want to go back to step 7 to check the condition again?

By the way, it could be that an "if-else" command will serve you better here?

You can learn more about using Kryon Studio Advanced Commands on our academy course "Using Advanced Commands.

Keep in mind that once you went out of the loop then there is no way to come back to the same loop by keeping the same position (e.g irritation Nr. 2), so you need to build your workflow in the way that if you go outside of the loop then that's it.

On the other hand, if in the loop you use go to step, then after that specified step, the wizard continues to the next step according to your workflow unless you command otherwise.