Question

While loop for Automatically completing tasks

• 12 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all,

I have review task that I’d like to be automatically completed if the following occurs:

• Reviewer name is removed from list of reviewer
  • “Status” is changed 

I have a branch of my workflow that will wait until an update occurs in the “Status” and ends the workflow subsequently completing all pending tasks. However, I need help figuring out a way to automatically complete the task when the reviewer changes. I currently have a while that will check, but since these review tasks can take up to a few weeks for people to complete, this while loop will reach its maximum loops and error. However I don’t want add an extended delay to the loop either because I’d like the response be as quick as possible when a reviewer is removed.

Thoughts?

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @Mtdennin ,

I think you may be able to leverage many workflows to achieve this…

i.e Have a separate workflow that will start and monitor if the reviewer is changed and in that case, end the running workflows and retrigger the main workflow.

Then you will have the main workflow as you currently have it without all the loops etc.

There are many variations of this. If your still stuck, Professional Services can provide assistance on this.