Solved

Send Reminder Emails if Form Field is Blank

• 10 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi

I want to know if it is possible to send an email to a user if a form field is blank. For example, if the user must complete a section on the form that has a missing value in the date field, how can I send a reminder daily until that date field is populated by the user?

icon

Best answer by bamaeric 11 August 2023, 00:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just curious, is there a reason why you would not make to date field required when the form is submitted?

You could create a site workflow that runs daily to check to see if any items in the list have an empty date field and then sends a reminder email for each of those.

Badge +3

@bamaeric 

It is not necessarily for a date field.

To be specific, it is a two part section that allows the user to fill out the first section and return to the form to edit the second part. However, the user must complete the second section. The reminder email would serve to remind them to fill out the second section to complete the process. 

Does that make sense?

I would need the workflow to be a Nintex WF. SO how can I added logic to my current flow to make this happen? Use a loop? Wait until? idk.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Makes sense. You could use the Loop action in your workflow to check to see if the date is empty. You configure the Loop logic to see if the date is empty. Inside the Loop action you could add a Send Notification action and then a “Pause for...” action to wait for 1 day.

If the date is empty, then the workflow will send the email and then pause for 1 day. This will continue until the date is added. Once the date is added, then the workflow will exit the Loop the next time it checks and find it there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @nikitapatel 
Did you manage to resolve this? 

Badge +3

@bamaeric Thank you so much this is a perfect solution and I tried it and it works! Appreciate your help on this!