Question

Retrieve Mail Addresses from all WFs

• 5 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Is it possible to generate a report which shows all of the email recipients in Send EMail Action across all workflows? SP2019 OnPrem

Kind regards

Tim

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @TimothyMW,

The recipients of emails generated by the Send an Email action are not stored by Nintex or SharePoint.

You will need to check your Exchange server to acquire that information.

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply

I think I dont get it. I mean, there should be stored that in my WF1 I have a Send eMail Action to colleague1? Where does Nintex pull the information to which colleague should the Mail go?

Badge +1

I do not want a report of Mails being sent, just a report to show which recipients are being configured

Kind regards

Tim

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @TimothyMW

The configurations for emails and tasks are stored in the workflow definition which is stored inside of the NintexWorkflow library, although possible to extract it is not very practical, you will also run into issues where variables are in use for the workflow and in that case there could be any origin of the email and you won’t be able to track it just from the definition.

Even if we can assume the workflows all have hard set emails addresses which is rare, it would require you use a PS script to gather all of the workflow definitions (we might be able to help with that if one exists) and then potentially another script to parse the XML of said definitions looking for email addresses.

Are you able to share the reasons for the request? Perhaps we might be able to advise alternate methods.

Badge +1

Hi Jake,

many thanks for the Feedback. I got a request from one of our companies stating:

“f anyone leaves the organization we can scan the list and remove/replace them from a Email Notification or Flexi Task to minimize any disruption”

Kind regards

Tim

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @TimothyMW 

It is always best to not use hard coded emails inside workflows and to use lookups or variables, that way data will have to pull from sharepoint its self and on that case is easy to find and correct. 

What version of sharepoint are you using? there is a small chance I have some scripts that can help you.

Badge +1

Hi Jake,

many thanks for your Feedback. We are using SP2019

Kind regards

Tim