Solved

Nintex SharePoint email notification requesting tracking number

• 19 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have a list that I am building out a workflow for, I am a bit rusty since its been 3 years since I have built a workflow. I want to send an email notification to someone that is requesting a tracking number. I have the field already in my list and need it to be extremely simple where the recipient can reply to the email with the tracking number and it updates the list item. Is this possible and if so is there a step by step tutorial anywhere I have scoured the internet and cannot find what I need.

icon

Best answer by Garrett 19 April 2023, 18:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ashley_white 

1. Create a SP List (done)
  2. Create fields or columns for the List (don’t worry if you can’t get all the fields, you can add them later)
  3. Create a Form (Request for Tracking Number)
    - include Contact Name, Contact Email
  4. Create the workflow.

Process Workflow

1. Requestor fills out a new Request for Tracking Number form. Submits form
  2. Nintex Workflow sends a Task Assign to Executive (who will assign the Tracking Number)
  3. Task Assign Form has field to enter “Tracking Number”. Executive submits form
  4. Nintex Workflow extracts the “Tracking Number” value.
  5. Nintex Workflow send email to Requestor with the Tracking Number
  6. END

Which step are you at?
which step do you need help with? 

Badge +1

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for your reply. I have made the list where the requestor goes in to request a new batch of forms. This triggers the workflow to send a confirmation to the requester and an email to the Warehouse. What I want to happen is within that email the tracking number field and the warehouse comments field are there in the email so that when the warehouse replies to the email they can enter the tracking number and any comments to the email (maybe in a specified place so nintex knows to pull that info back into the list in the appropriate field for that specific item). I have seen the request data workflow action but I am not sure if that is the correct one or how to set it up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What you need to send to the Warehouse is a Task Assign Form,

where the Warehouse will enter the Tracking Number and Comments.

Sorry, but Warehouse cannot reply to the email with the Tracking Number and Comments as the Nintex Workflow wouldn’t know how to process it. 

Have a look at this Nintex (Leave request) example

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2019/current/QuickStartGuide/2-BuildWorkflow.htm