Question

List Lookup Translation inside of a repeating section

• 12 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

So  I am Working on a repeating section which has a list lookup control, and this list lookup needs to translate between 2 languages , if the user chooses language 1 the List lookup needs to be in language 1, and if the user chooses language 2 then the List lookup needs to be in language 2.

what i have now is 2 lookups one for language 1 and one for language 2, but the problem is that both of the lookups and not linked, so if a user completes the form in language 1 and then someone else wanted to view the form in language 2, then language 2 will show up and will be empty, 

is there a way to only include 1 list lookup in the repeater section and this list look up will translate base on the language selected ? 

if now what else can be done? 

TIA

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jaythai 

you would need to have the translation of items on the same item, then switch the column returned based on language, that way regardless of the selected language the lookup item selected will be the same. 

Badge +2

Hi @jaythai 

you would need to have the translation of items on the same item, then switch the column returned based on language, that way regardless of the selected language the lookup item selected will be the same. 

I do have the translation in the same list but List Lookup can only output results from one column only, and since its in a repeating section it list Lookup is not translating

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jaythai 

Are you able to share what version of Nintex Forms and SharePoint you are using? for example Classic forms on SharePoint 2016. 

I will see if I can work on a solution for you.

Jake 

Badge +2

Sharepoint 2019 and Nintex classic Forms 2019