Solved

List Lookup - filtering - value doesn't appear after saving of form.

• 28 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 

I have a SharePoint column ‘col1’ Connected to a control ‘List lookup’ in the New Responsive Designer in Nintex. 

When i submit the form, and then go back into the same instance of a form - the value I selected for ‘col1’ doesn’t appear. It is in fact saved within the SharePoint list, but doesn’t appear in the form. 

If I change the List lookup control to a simple ‘Text -Short’, it will work. So, it doesn’t seem like it is a problem with the column it self. 

Are there something within the control ‘List lookup’ that prevents the form to be able to pick up the value of the connected column??

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 29 November 2023, 22:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @oysteinbruce,

What is the column type in SharePoint that is saving the value?

The lookup control looks for the item ID of the item on the lookup list.  This means that if you are saving the text, the control will show blank.

Badge +3

The column type in SharePoint is a “Single line of text”. 

Within the List lookup, I chose the option “Value to store”: “Item text”. So, I thought it wouldn’t be any problem there?

The value chosen in the List lookup is stored in the SharePoint list - but just not appearing if I go into the same form. I can find some workaround to show this value, but if there were something easy fix I could do - this would be appreciated. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @oysteinbruce,

I would suggest that you change the column type in SharePoint to a Lookup column.