Skip to main content
Solved

Importing xml - import button not working

• 4 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi all, I’m trying to export a SharePoint 2016 Responsive form into a old responsive designer on SharePoint online. Everything in the documentation I’ve found says this is possible. However, when I select my xml file and click import, nothing happens. Nothing. No clicky, no spinner, no hourglass, nothing. What is going on? Any help you can give will be appreciated.

no clicky: 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @kmccool,

This is an unusual issue.
Based on your description of the issue, it sounds like a browser issue.
The button's Javascript is being blocked. You can verify this by looking at the browser development tools and looking for errors in the console.

In the meantime, you may want to try another browser, PC, or User to import the form.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I tried it in a different browser and still no luck. We are trying a couple other things and will let you know if we get it working. Thanks for your response and let me know if you have any additional ideas. :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Okay, we tried it with a guest browser and with a classic form as well and are still getting the same error/non-behavior. The Import button does nothing when clicked. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @kmccool,

I re-read your initial post.
You can’t import a SharePoint 2016 form into SharePoint online. They are not compatible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Well, that’s unfortunate. I though that’s what the whitepaper meant when it said “legacy .xml” can be imported. I guess I will have to rebuild it from scratch. It’s a monstrous form. Thanks for looking into it.