Question

GetRunningWorkflowTasksCollection - Nintex workflow - reg

Badge +2

Dear Team,

We are unable to fetch the running workflow tasks for any user using the below web method in the nintex webservice (/_vti_bin/NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx).

GetRunningWorkflowTasksCollection method always returns zero. But user has many running workflow tasks. Kindly refer to the below code for more details.

Thanks for your support.  Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @rayalsenthilesag,

If you use a tool such as postman or use a call web service action in a a workflow and call the web service do you get any results?
This will help determine if its your code that is the problem or a problem with the webservice itself.

Badge +2

Hi SimonMuntz,

Thanks for your support.  I have already tried via Postman tool .but no luck . 

Received this message "The test form is only available for requests from the local machine." as shown below. Included "<add name="HttpSoap12"/> <add name="HttpSoap"/>" in the web.config file as suggested by Google search.
 <webServices>
 <protocols>
                <remove name="HttpGet" />
                <remove name="HttpPost" />
                <remove name="HttpPostLocalhost" />
                <add name="Documentation" />
        <add name="HttpSoap12"/>
        <add name="HttpSoap"/>
  </protocols>
 </webServices>

No use. We are unable to move further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @rayalsenthilesag,

Are you see the same issue with Microsoft web services such as http://<site>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx?
If so you may need to contact Microsoft support to resolve the issue.

Badge +2

I am sure that this issue is not related with Microsoft web services and it is related with the GetRunningWorkflowTasksCollection method. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @rayalsenthilesag,

I just want to make sure that web services are working in your environment thats all.
Do any of the other Nintex workflow.asmx Methods work?

Badge +2

web services are working in our environment and able to reach it. But web methods always returns zero.

I have tried for GetWorkflowHistory() web method also. But no luck and returns zero as shown below. 

Means webservice is working fine and able to reach but web method did not return proper result.

We humbly request you to assist us to resolve this issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @rayalsenthilesag ,

For further assistance I suggest that you contact Nintex support through the Customer Portal or by emailing support@nintex.com.

Badge +2

We contacted them as a first option and we received the below response. As suggested we posted in Forum. Still we are stuck and unable to move further.

We humbly request you to assist us to resolve this issue. 

Nintex Support Response

In general we don’t support custom code. Our scope of support mainly focuses on break/fix issues with the Nintex products. If you were experiencing this behaviour when using the Nintex workflow call webservice action, then that would be something we'll help investigate.

With questions of this nature we normally direct customer to post their question on our community forum: https://community.nintex.com/ which will be regularly reviewed by other Powerusers or our solutions engineers, who might be able to suggest a solution.

If there are no further questions, I will mark the case as closed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @rayalsenthilesag 

Are you see the same issue with Microsoft web services such as http://<site>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx?

Badge +2

No, We are not experiencing any issues with the Microsoft web services such as http://<site>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx. Recently we created records in the sharepoint list via the UpdateListItems() method. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

If you use another method from workflows.asmx such as DelegateTask does that work?
If you use the call a web service action in a workflow with GetRunningWorkflowTasksCollection does it work then?