Question

Auto-fill Previous Form Entry

• 1 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Is there a way to save data for previous entered values. For Example I have a field “Name of Person”.

When I go to create a new item I would love to see a dropdown of previous entered values.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Messam if the “Name of person” is a Text field then this will be part of the of the autocomplete of the browsers ...please see the steps :

Enabling Autocomplete on Internet Explorer (IE):

1. Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon in the top right corner to open the Tools menu.
  2. Select "Internet Options" from the dropdown menu.
  3. In the Internet Options window, go to the "Content" tab.
  4. Under the AutoComplete section, click on the "Settings" button.
  5. In the AutoComplete Settings window, make sure the "Forms" option is checked.
  6. Optionally, you can also check the "User names and passwords on forms" option if you want IE to remember login information for SharePoint forms.
  7. Click "OK" to save the changes.
  8. Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.

Enabling Autocomplete on Google Chrome:

1. Open Google Chrome and click on the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner.
  2. From the dropdown menu, select "Settings."
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page and click on "Advanced" to expand additional options.
  4. Under the "Passwords and forms" section, click on "Autofill settings."
  5. In the Autofill settings page, toggle the switch to enable the "Autofill forms" option.
  6. Optionally, you can also enable the "Offer to save passwords" option if you want Chrome to remember login information for SharePoint forms.
  7. Close the settings tab to save the changes.
  8. Restart Google Chrome for the changes to take effect.

By following these steps, you should be able to enable autocomplete for  Nintex forms in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers.

Please mark this as solved if that fix your issue.

Thanks,Majid

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @Messam 

Did this solve your question? 

Badge +2

Thanks very much. This didn’t solve my problem. With regular sharepoint list before it is customize in Nintex form when you add new item it will auto-fill if that item column was type before