Skip to main content

Dear all, 

I am new to Nintex, just started today and created the below workflow.

1) I am using Nintex Workflow for Office 365. I am looking for two emails to be sent to two different set of people in parallel.

2) The first "Send an Email" action worked - it triggered the email.

3) The second "Send an Email" action is not working. The email doesn't get triggered.  I double-checked the recipients, it's correct. 

* I think I made a mistake somewhere. Not sure where it is. Can you guys help me where it could be? 

* Is this the right way to send multiple emails in parallel?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE : I see the workflow is suspended and the error is "Make sure the e-mail has a valid recipient" .. I think the varaible that we created doesn't identify the recipients correctly .. 

Hi Pari

Thank you for updating the thread with your latest information.

Just in reply to your question of sending emails in parallel. Your workflow is performing the actions you add sequentially. You can use the Logic and Flow action called "Parallel Block" to allow you to send multiple emails and other things at the same time.

Hi Nanette

Thanks for your response. I tried "Parallel Block" and its perfect for sending emails at the same time.

Update on my Original Issue.

These are my current screenshots.

FIRST SEND AN EMAIL :

SECOND SEND AN EMAIL : 

VARIABLE (Supervisor NAME) :

Every time when I complete the workflow, the staus shows Suspended. The first email (to the Nominee) is triggered. But the Second email (to the Supervisor) is not triggered.

Error
RequestorId: ce4b2e99-ae21-68ad-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 400 {"error":{"code":"-2130242040, Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"The e-mail message cannot be sent. Make sure the e-mail has a valid recipient."}}}

Any suggestions on why the Supervisor email is not triggered ? Or how to send email to the supervisor?

Hi Pari

In such a case I would normally troubleshoot the contents of the variables to see why it is not working. To do this, use the "Log to History List" action before sending the mail (i.e. before the point where the workflow gives an error).

Configure the log to: "Supervisor name (variable): " and add variable: SupervisorName as you did in the email.

Then add another "Log to History List" and configure the log to: "Supervisor name (current item): " and add the current item: Supervisor's Name as you did in the email.

When running, this will give you an indication of the values you are passing to the email and if they are correct. For example:

Also, I would recommend that, for the current item supervisor's name, when you add the supervisor from the current item selection on the below screen (I used a people field called "Created by", but you will use "Supervisor's Name"):

you select the  next to the field box and change the return type on the dialog to email: