Skip to main content

Hello Office 365 Nintex experts

I have a big workflow with several tasks. Each task has initial,reminder and escalation emails. Is there any easy way to template email text for all these task emails? 

I tried copying to a Word doc and pasting it across other task emails. But that is not working. 

Any tips are greatly appreciated. 

Hi,

have you tried to copy the html of your base email?

It should keep all the references..

An other approach, but this may be late if you've already designed the workflow, is just to configure the first task action and then copy it across the workflow, where you need the other tasks, so it will keep all the settings for that action and only then you do changes on the other tasks.

Giacomo

‌ thank you for response. Actually I designed one task and then copy, pasted it. But business asked me to change email text after workflow is built completely. :-)

I tried to copy html text but it is a hit or miss. 

Hi,

that's strange..when I copy html text and paste it again in html code popup, if I close the popup then I see the text well formatted..

If, instead, you're talking about the confusion inside the html, yes, I agree with you that it could be formatted better but unfortunately that's what we have to work with..

If you are looking to template an email, I would use a SharePoint List. You can have subject, body, etc as your list columns and then in your workflow query the list to get the information you need, set it to a variable within your workflow and then use the variables to set your key information. This way if an email changes, you update your list and not all your workflow actions.