Skip to main content

HI everybody,

I find a very strange bug with Nintex workflow on office 365.

I have one list that has 3 workflows associated with it, 2 of them start manually (WF A and WF B)and one start automatically when I create an item (WF C)

When I create an item, the workflow C starts, and inside the WF C, I start WF A which is a 3 step approval workflow. I start the WF A on the same list item.

Here is the bug:

- When I create an item, and I set on my workflow C  "Start Workflow A" configuration, the username and pwd to my user; then the Workflow A is started and everything works well - I pass the ID of the current item in the Start Workflow Action

- HOWEVER, when I create an item and I set on my workflow C "start workflow A" configuration, the username and pwd to another admin account (site collection admin and site owner), then when the workflow A is started, it gets stopped and I see on the log of the workflow A history the following error:

I tried to copy paste the link on the history log (ITem 56) and I indeed arrive to the existing item that I'm creating. For some reasons, when the user that starts the workflow(initiator) is different than the one that starts the WF A from WF C; then it collapses and it doesn't work.

I have no idea why this is happening, I checked both the permission of "me" and of the "other account user", and both have full control on the list !

Anybody has any ideas ? happy.png

Thanks,

Henri

Hi, have you managed to work it out?

Maybe this is not the case with the permissions but with the fact, that your C workflow is trying to run A workflow, that hasn't ended yet after launching workflow C in the first place?

Regards,

Tomasz