Skip to main content
Solved

Results regarding percentages

• 30 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello!

I am using a responsive O365 forms and having difficulties on the approach of percentages and decimals. I need to be able to determine if the result is less than 75%.

The first field is # of Months (integer) which is determined by the dates entered in from the fields above it. The other field is Asset Economic Life (integer) that is “driven” by the Category field and in which outputs 480.

I use the calculation below to provide the following output to the field in the second screen shot (displaying 12.08).

# of Months = TOTALS_Months

Asset Economic Life = Asset Economic Life

How do I even go about figuring out how to determine 12.08 is less than 75%??? I’m struggling on how to attempt this, please help!

I have the field above (holding 12.08) setup as so…fyi

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jpacheco 

You have gotten the the correct value - “12.08” is “less than 75”

You could add another Text control to output Yes/No or TRUE/FALSE

Just add a new Form rule to compare whether the RESULT is LESS_THAN_75

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Garrett ,

Thanks for your response! Ok, so even though if the output is in a decimal format like so…

The formula below will (should) return the following if I just add either < 75 or < 90?

First text field (L): Lease Term_Economic life of asset = 12.08
Formula: [Form].[Lease Term_Economic life of asset] < 75

Second text field (R): Total Lease Payments_Fair Value of asset = 30.72
Formula: [Form].[Total Lease Payments_Fair Value of asset] < 90

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jpacheco 

I would recommend you to to use the ifElse(,,) formula should you need to immediately display TRUE/FALSE or YES/NO string outcome.

ifElse( [Form].[Lease Term_Economic life of asset] < 75,"TRUE","FALSE")

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Garrett ,

OMG! Man, you’re amazing!!!! I’m still somewhat green but slowly seeing how this works is so cool! Thanks a lot, I really do appreciate your time and response on this… I’ve been working on this for a week now! 😅

YOU ROCK!!!