Skip to main content

I have inherited a Nintex Workflow (Nintex Workflow 2013) from a previous employee who is no longer with the company. The workflow is a basic scorecard that’s used to check and report on Core Document update compliances. About a month after the employee left, the Workflow stop functioning as intended.  The problem is: whenever I run the workflow, regardless if it automatically starts or if I manually start it, it only reports the same output without performing any update calculations. Also, it sends the following intermittent error message:

Error     The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.   Outcome - Access Denied

Does this have any correlation with the User’s access permissions?

Can someone enlighten me with a solution?

Mark

HI,

Check the List Permission, if everything is cool with Permission, try to update the list by web service action using REST API

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am new to Nintex Workflows so excuse me if my questions are a bit novice. Prior to the previous owner of the workflow leaving, it ran and functioned as intended so it’s probably something that I’m just overlooking.  However, the permission that I have is “Full Control” as a site owner.

• If the creator/originator of the Workflows permission has been removed would this cause an issue with me running the workflow?  If so, what should I do to resolve this?
  • How do I find where a workflow is stored?
  • How do I copy and paste a Nintex workflow and save it under a new User Id so I can run it?

Hi,

Are there any advanced diagnostics for troubleshooting an existing Nintex workflow?

Also within the Nintex workflow, does each workflow action configuration item require an input for fields marked with an asterisk?

Hi Mark 

open the list -> if it is modern view 

else if it is classic view 

List -> List setting 

Edit 

using Import and Export Option, you can import the workflow with new list 

Hi Mark,

First try to Update the List by Single field (Ex:- Title Column only ) with Same Workflow , then will find the solution  

Regards,

Ranjith.

Have you found anything to do advanced diagnosis in Nintex 365 Workflows?