Skip to main content
Question

New responsive form fails to load with broken image and 2 dots on empty page

• 18 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Bit of a bizarre one this, but we are seeing a few cases where a person tries to launch a new form, and they are greeted by a broken page as below.

I can see that the URL is trying to contact https://formso365.nintex.com to fetch some runtime components. It looks like it cannot reach that location. I, for example, can load a new form without issue. This seems to affect random individuals around the organisation, and there is no discernible pattern or trend and no other related issues are being reported by the user base. Has anyone seen this sort of thing happening on their site?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @SmashedMonkey,

If this issue is occurring for some users and not for others, it may be due to a browser problem, such as a setting that is preventing the Nintex site from loading, like Cross-Site Scripting. Have the users try a different browser, network, or computer to see if the issue resolves or follows them.

The browser developer tools may give you more insight as to the issue.
For more help, I suggest that you contact Nintex Support via the customer portal.

Badge +5

Thanks, Simon.

Unfortunately, for us, we use MS Edge as out corporate browser. Other flavours of browsers are not permitted, so we are stuck with Microsoft’s offering, which is now Chromium based, or course. 

I will look at the dev tools, but so far, I have been unable to reproduce the problem. I will follow up on your cross-site scripting suggestion, as this is something I can imagine our information security team would be inclined to block.

Badge +5

Apologies, I have been on leave. I am getting our infrastructure team to investigate the cross-site scripting element. I will update when I have got their response.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @SmashedMonkey,

I only mention cross-site scripting as a possible cause. Check the browser development tools console for errors, as this will give you an insight into the issue.