Solved

Issues to add link to open form in email body Assign task

• 11 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Good day everyone, 

Im currently having issues with the Nintex Workflows for Office 365 with the following. My system used to sent email notifications for approvals (Assign a Task) and in the body it had a direct link to the form created that the people that approves open to review the form, that was donde previously with something called Item display name and item URL, but since the change in SharePoint i dont see something similar that works the same.

Can someone please advice?

Regards 

icon

Best answer by Garrett 15 August 2022, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @libracesar 

Can you elaborate on the "change in SharePoint"? What change(s)?

What should be shown?

- A Standard SharePoint Workflow Task?

- or a custom Nintex Task Form? 

- or do you want to direct them to the original Nintex Form?

You stated" in the body it had a direct link to the form created that the people that approves open to review the form".

You can add content to the email body.

If you wanted a "Click here to view the form", here is how to do it. 

Position the cursor in the message body and click the insert link icon.

Build the URL (Workflow Context - Current Item URL). Refer to image.

Finally, click Insert.

The end result

Hope that helps

Cheers

Thank you for your answer Garrett. 

I will try to explain myself better. 

in my SharePoint, there is a Library, where we create Infopath forms that activate nintex workflows. 

If you access that form created by the users, you can see descriptions of a project and the activities related with the project. 

when the form is created an initial approval workflow is sent to department managers, with the intention to review the project form and that it has the required activities for the implementation, if its correct, they approve the change. The approvers receive an email with the notification for approval, but they also previously received inside the email a link that with a click, opens a browsers with the infopath form and the information in it. 

i tried before the option that you kindly shared, insert link, with current item URL and what you reach by clicking is the following:

this is where the link takes me to and not to the form to review the information. 

I hope i explained my issue a little bit better. 

Thank you for the support.

Regards

CMV

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @libracesar 

The Current Item URL is the links to the corresponding Nintex Forms. 

As the InfoPath Form has a different naming for its form link, you will need to construct the link to the InfoPath form. I'm not using InfoPath but I found this article. Hope it helps you.

Refer to this article.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint-Forum/Is-it-possible-to-build-a-hyperlink-in-InfoPath-with-my/td-p/392 

Thank you for the support.

Regards

CMV