Email User based on form option chosen

Hello I have a form and associated workflow where the requestor filling out the form can select from multiple approvers. I'd like to the workflow to send an email to the approver chosen. Currently I have a state machine running branches to all 7 approvers. 

Is there a way I can associate the sharepoint list to the name of the person so it will send the approval request to the approver without the state machine? 

Any advice?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sjmc219 

Which type of Nintex Form for O365 are you using? New Responsive, Responsive or Classic.

Your workflow is Nintex Workflow for O365.

Question: Do you select a single or multiple Approvers (from the dropdown list of Approvers) ?

Have you consider using a People Picker control instead of a dropdown list?

Question: In the workflow, does each manager gets a different form or the flow is different (is the form and flow the same apart from the Participant field)?

Yes, its the same.

Then you don't need the State Machines. A single "Assign a Task" action is sufficient.

In the Assign a Task" settings, you can use a "Workflow Variable / List Lookup / Workflow Context" in the Participant field instead of hard-coding the name. Click the Address book icon

Using a List Lookup here (if you save the manager into the SP column "Approver"

Note: If you are not using a People Picker control but a "Choice Single" control - then please use their email address (because it unique) or their Full Name as in the Active Directory (you must check that there is no duplicate names - "Jane Doe")

Hello I'm still struggling with this. This is my first time using Nintex and I'm an accountant so my technical skills are not great ha.

I'm using a single choice form question in which the user selects the approvers name. Regardless of which approver is chosen, the email will be the same. I'm having a hard time getting a lookup to the approvers email.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sjmc219 

Which type of Nintex Form for O365 are you using? New Responsive, Responsive or Classic.

Can you include screen capture of your form?