K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update
The K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update contains updates and fixes for issues reported in K2 4.7 products. K2 recommends keeping your K2 environment updated by installing the latest cumulative update, and that you test this update before you deploy to a production environment.
Prerequisites and Dependencies
This cumulative update is only compatible with K2 4.7 products (K2 blackpearl 4.7, K2 smartforms 4.7, and K2 for SharePoint 4.7). Each new cumulative update contains the updates and fixes that were included with the previous cumulative updates. The cumulative update does not require any previous cumulative updates or fixes to be installed, and no additional cumulative update is required to fully update a K2 environment. If you have installed individual hotfixes included in this cumulative update, those hotfixes are not changed unless a newer version of the hotfix is available for the update.
Getting and installing the update
You can download the K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update on the K2 Partner and Customer portal.
To install the cumulative update, run the cumulative update installer on every machine in your environment where a K2 product or component is installed, including desktop machines that have K2 Studio or K2 Designer for Visual Studio installed. The same installer is used to update the specific K2 products and components that are installed on that machine. To determine which cumulative update or fix pack has previously been installed in your environment see https://help.k2.com/kb000426.
- Backup your K2 database.
- Download the K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update.exe.
- Double click the .exe file and select a location to extract the installation files.
- The Update window opens. Click Change if you need to change the K2 database. Select the correct information and click Accept. Click Update to start the installation.
- A warning is displayed if a backup of the K2 database is not found. Create a backup before selecting OK. Click OK on the warning window to continue with the update. Click Cancel if you want to create a backup first.
After creating the backup, you can click Update again on the Install window. If a backup for the K2 database was recently performed, the installer shows you the date and time of the last backup.
- Click OK to continue with the update.
- Wait for the update to complete, and then click Finish.
- To rollback the K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update, uninstall K2 from your environment.
- Re-install K2 4.7.
- Restore the K2 database using the backup made before the update.
Included in this Update
This cumulative update includes the following updates and fixes:
- KB002095 - Hotfix: An error occurs when moving a document using a SharePoint SmartObject
- KB002097 - Hotfix: Unable to create a package of a workflow containing a dynamic IPC Event
- KB002098 - Hotfix: An error occurs when executing the Create method of a CRM SmartObject to create a new CRM Task
- KB002099 - Hotfix: An error occurs if you deploy a workflow without local administration rights
- KB002100 - Hotfix: Lookup columns not available as input properties on a Document Set SmartObject
- KB002101 - Hotfix: Adding the Everyone group to Environment Library Security in K2 Management, causes the Development Environment to disappear
- KB002103 - Hotfix: An error occurs when executing the Create method for a SharePoint 2010 Document Set
- KB002105 - Hotfix: Integrating with Exchange results in an error in a NLB environment
- KB002106 - Hotfix: An error occurs when executing a REST based SmartObject method
- KB002124 - Hotfix: Active Directory groups not resolving
- KB002126 - Hotfix: When changing the value of a data field to a value previously used, the View Flow does not show all the values
- KB002128 - Hotfix: SQL deadlock errors occur in the K2 Host Server logs when Client events have many AD users
- KB002129 - Hotfix: When executing a CRM SmartObject Get List method with Impersonate rights the configured filter is ignored
- KB002130 - Hotfix: Members of the K2 visitors group in SharePoint have rights to modify Solution Designers and Participants permissions
- KB002131 - Hotfix: An error occurs when uploading a document greater than 1.5MB to a folder in a SharePoint Library
- KB002132 - Hotfix: Unable to deploy a workflow after installing .NET Framework 4.7.1
- KB002133 - Hotfix: When the ‘System’ user is resolved in the K2 database errors are logged in the K2 Host Server and ADUM logs
- KB002141 - Hotfix: Slow performance experienced when executing the Activity Instance Destination Reporting SmartObject
- KB002146 - Hotfix: Incorrect behavior experienced in K2 Designer when editing WCF SmartObject methods
- KB002148 - Hotfix: An error occurs when adding a folder to a SharePoint Document Library, and the workflow is set to start when an item is added
- KB002162 - Hotfix: Unique permissions are removed when activating another SharePoint sub site
- KB002163 - Hotfix: When a workflow contains a DocuSign Create Tab event an error occurs in runtime
- KB002164 - Hotfix: An error occurs when attempting to edit a Form or Workflow after regenerating SmartObjects
- KB002165 - Hotfix: Unable to remove a user from a Role using the K2 Management SmartObject
- KB002174 - Hotfix: Errors occur when assigning workflow rights to the Everyone group
- KB002180 - Hotfix: A failed login attempt to K2 Mobile increases the failed password count by more than one
- KB002181 - Hotfix: An error occurs when uploading a document larger than 1.5 MB to a SharePoint folder
- KB002196 - Hotfix: A SQL Collation error occurs when the K2 database and SQL server collation differs
- KB002197 - Hotfix: The metadata for Person and Group columns in SharePoint is not updated
- KB002200 - Hotfix: The K2 Management Dashboard icons do not function
- KB002202 - Hotfix: Unable to create a new K2 for SharePoint application
- KB002203 - Hotfix: The Finish and Back buttons on the Registration wizard do not work
- KB002204 - Hotfix: When a filter is configured on the Active Directory User SmartObject, no data returns
- KB002205 - Hotfix: Assigning workflow rights to the Everyone group results in errors logged in the K2 Host Server and ADUM logs
- KB002223 - Hotfix: Unable to package a solution with complex nested expressions after upgrading from K2 4.6.11 to K2 4.7
- KB002224 - Hotfix: Expressions created on a control not evaluating correctly
- KB002225 - Hotfix: An error occurs when attempting to open a worklist item where the Form has a parameter named “para_*” or “para”
- KB002226 - Hotfix: A 30003 K2 Host Server Log error occurs when attempting to package a specific form
- KB002227 - Hotfix: Unable package a solution due to views encountering errors during deployment
- KB002231 - Hotfix: Destination users not receiving Task Notification e-mails when a large number of workflow instances are running
- KB002232 - Hotfix: After upgrading to K2 4.7, decimal values are displayed with multiple zeros on a view
- KB002233 - Hotfix: Using the Format Date and Time expression on a Data label in a view, results in an extra ‘y’ displayed at runtime
- KB002234 - Hotfix: Deploying a package with powershell results in the byRef items also being deployed
- KB002236 - Hotfix: Unable to edit a view after changing a SharePoint column type and only regenerating the SmartObject
- KB002237 - Hotfix: Expressions and advanced conditions are warning badged in K2 Designer
- KB002235 - Hotfix: When upgrading from K2 4.6.8 to K2 4.7, a value of ‘0’ becomes watermarked on an empty textbox
- KB002253 - Hotfix: Unable to exclude a user from a SharePoint Site group
- KB002254 - Hotfix: Unable to close a subform that has navigated to a URL
- KB002255 - Hotfix: Not all groups are returned when searching using the context browser in K2 Workflow Designer
- KB002258 - Hotfix: SmartActions function intermittently
- KB002092 - Hotfix: An error occurs on the Picker control when resolving a large number of users
- KB002093 - Hotfix: Moving a button's position on a View or Form results in a dependency warning
- KB002094 - Hotfix: Transferring data clears the Auto-Complete control's value
- KB002107 - Hotfix: The Auto-Complete control fails to load the value when using the ID field as an input value
- KB002125 - Hotfix: Searching for a Category that does not exist results in an error
- KB002139 - Hotfix: Configuring a specific rule on an Editable List View creates an additional blank row
- KB002147 - Hotfix: Inherited View rule remains on Form after deleting the View from the Form
- KB002149 - Hotfix: Unable to start a workflow using a Form with Anonymous authentication
- KB002150 - Hotfix: Logging into K2 Designer using Forms STS authentication results in an error
- KB002161 - Hotfix: The Text of Memo Data Type and Rich Text Box Controls are truncated
- KB002187 - Hotfix: Incorrect rule selected in User Task Event after deploying a workflow
- KB002195 - Hotfix: The Autocomplete control does not pass data into a data label
- KB002199 - Hotfix: Unable to close a subform that has navigated to a URL
- KB002254 - Hotfix: Unable to close a subform that has navigated to a URL
- KB002256 - Hotfix: Unable to transfer auto complete control values to data label
- KB002257 - Hotfix: Clicking an attachment control on a Form tab results in the second tab having a vertical scroll bar
- When using the Add Days function in an expression on a View, the output date for February is incorrect at runtime. For example, if the current date is 1/31/2018 and the expression add one of the following days “28, 29, 30 or 31”, the output displays as 2/28/2018 on all of the counts.
There are no known considerations for this cumulative update at the time of release.
K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update Fix PacksThe K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update Fix Packs contain fixes for issues reported in K2 4.7 products. K2 recommends that you test these Fix Packs before you deploy to a production environment. For a listing of fix packs for this version of K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update, see KB002282.