When using a role or user in a variable as a Task Recipient, functionality does not work as expected. The following issues were found:
- Tasks were not delivered to role members or users.
- When the task’s “Resolve Groups to Individuals” option was checked, roles were not resolved to individuals and when you clicked on the role in the Management Task List, the Role Members button was disabled.
- In the “Choose Recipient” list, when switching to “Type/Construct your own”, tasks were not delivered to users, roles or groups.
- Roles were searchable in the “Choose Recipient” list on the Task Email Reminder and Send Email Steps, which was incorrect. Only users and groups should be searchable in these contexts.
The fix is available in:
- K2 Five (5.6) Fix Pack 10.
- Ensure you have the correct K2 version and/or Cumulative update installed. See KB001893 to see what Fix Pack level you have installed.
- Download the latest Fix Pack using the links in the table above for the version you require.
- Install the Fix Pack to apply the fix.
- You need to clear your browser cache with the All Time option.
Please take note of the following:
After applying the fix, you need to remove and re-add current Task Recipients (users, roles, groups and variables). This is to ensure that the return types are now set correctly in the Workflow JSON definition. If you used a role in a Task Email Reminder or Send Email Step, remove the role and use a user or group instead.
You then need to re-deploy your workflow. If you do not follow these steps, the above issues will still not be fixed.