Skip to main content
Question

XML into text

• 9 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello there.

my workflow is a form in SharePoint list and the form is basically registering for visitors and if you have more than one visitor you need to click a button and add more visitors (repeating selection)

the form works just fine but the issue here is that once you add more visitors it read the data in the SharePoint as xml not text. 

my question is how to convert it into a text, so it shows the names added in the list in text  ??

here is the list now :

Thanks in advance. 

Hi @Moh_sah 

1. I suggest you to leave the “plus visitors” as it is. This is used by the Repeating Section (RS) control on the form to save the all the row data.
    IF you modify the value, you may corrupt the data value and when the form is opened, it may not be able to read the value. 
    Just note that the “plus visitors” column is read-friendly to the form but not read-friendly to humans
  2. You can add another column to create human friendly text. However this means some addition conversion work needs to be done.
  3. I have done the conversion into HTML table but what you need is just plain text.
  4. Have a look at this article which provide detail instruction on how it is done
  5. All the processing is done in the New Responsive Form and not in the workflow.
    Performing the processing in the workflow is the normal method done by experience developers.
  6. What you need to do
    1. is to stripe the HTML tags away.
    2. show the final text in another Text-Long field on the form
    3. connect the Text-long field to a Text-long column in SharePoint

Hops that helps

Hi @Moh_sah 
Did this response help answer your question?