Question

Using Repeating Section to update Sharepoint List

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi all!

I’m sure this question has been asked before, but I am trying to use a repeating section to update a Sharepoint List and I just don’t understand how to do it. 

I have a Repeating Section with 1 text field, 1 single choice field, and 1 currency field. I would like there to be a new list item for each line of the repeating section but keeping the rest of the form the same.

When I try to use a way I think will work, I get the error The specified value is unknown. [Error Code: TypeCasting.UnknownCasting] in the Workflow Testing, which to me, doesn’t mean much.

Hope this makes sense! 

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Can you export your workflow and paste the key in here? Oe provide screenshot of your workflow?

You have to use a loop for each to go through each row in the RS. What does your workflow look like?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi all!

I’m sure this question has been asked before, but I am trying to use a repeating section to update a Sharepoint List and I just don’t understand how to do it. 

I have a Repeating Section with 1 text field, 1 single choice field, and 1 currency field. I would like there to be a new list item for each line of the repeating section but keeping the rest of the form the same.

When I try to use a way I think will work, I get the error The specified value is unknown. [Error Code: TypeCasting.UnknownCasting] in the Workflow Testing, which to me, doesn’t mean much.

Hope this makes sense! 

Thank you!

Also as it relates to the error message someone posted about that awhile back. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Can you export your workflow and paste the key in here? Oe provide screenshot of your workflow?

You have to use a loop for each to go through each row in the RS. What does your workflow look like?

That would be helpful to determine where you are having trouble.

I have created a sample here : QsGUQZmhmgF2qqEYEP2tBLDz3mGGGC1FrFda8a5EhCwBtd4Xk