Solved

Task Details Report

• 13 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Can Nintex please either provide a solution with step-by-step instructions in a video on how to extract task details into excel for one workflow for the last 7 days using the Odata report available in Analytics? The video is great in help documentation but show us how to do the workflow configuration and beacons to get task details! 

Or add a predefined report in Analytics that supports this for audit purposes and to better support our internal customers!!!!!!! We have been asking for almost a year now for a predefined report and nothing! We can’t pull task details out of NAC which makes it difficult on all levels!

I want to know if the level of detail even exists for our needs using Odata in Analytics before I spin my wheels longer trying to get this information out if I could ever figure out how to use the beacons? Will it generate all tasks and include the following level of details: 

1. Assignee
  2. Completed by
  3. Completed Date
  4. Creaetd Date
  5. Escalated To
  6. ID
  7. Outcome
  8. Status
  9. Updated date

We had a global infinitive that sent tasks out to various groups of judges. I am now having to go into task section of NAC and open 200+ tasks and do screenshots just to let regional leads know which judges have yet to complete their tasks for all tasks that are active. Each task has 3-20 assignees and each region is structured differently in terms of completion criteria. Some are set to all must respond, some are % and some are first response behavior.

Further more, I want to understand why Nintex doesn’t provide better filtering for task details and why we can’t pull more than 30 instances? Why can we not filter by workflow ID vs instance ID? This should be much simpler than what is available. I have to go down three layers into a loop for each JUST to pull what I need, then it only returns 30 workflows when I need all instances of a workflow returned so I can identify which tasks I need to pull (need the instance ID). 

We simply need a report of all active tasks under one workflow, not one instance, but one workflow so the regional leads can reach out to the task assignees and tell them to get everything done. They have until the 18th! 

icon

Best answer by majid_sahib 17 September 2023, 14:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Anyways, def a very disappointing day, no solution was identified on my end for task details.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hey @brandiwoodson 

best to use the NAC Api : https://developer.nintex.com/docs/nc-api-docs/9dedadb170913-list-tasks

List tasks

GET   https://us.nintex.io/workflows/v2/tasks

Get a list of tasks assigned to users that were initiated or completed within a date range.

When used with Application Tokens,

• returns all tasks that match the filters from the tenant
  • includes the workflowInstanceId property

please try that and let us know if that help you in your project.

Looking at your request for Task info :

1. Assignee
  2. Completed by
  3. Completed Date
  4. Creaetd Date
  5. Escalated To
  6. ID
  7. Outcome
  8. Status
  9. Updated date

please check the JSON response output sample :
    {
      "tasks": [
        {
          "assignmentBehavior": "parallel",
          "completedDate": "2021-12-21T02:24:22.507Z",
          "completionCriteria": "all-responses",
          "createdDate": "2021-12-20T01:27:11.522Z",
          "description": "A task to review monthly expenses",
          "defaultOutcome": "Reject",
          "dueDate": "2022-12-20T01:27:12.031Z",
          "id": "7d722b81-59d3-5d14-a3f4-c37eebab2eff",
          "initiator": "nintex@workflowcloud.com",
          "isAuthenticated": true,
          "message": "<div class=\"nx-wrapper\" style=\"font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #fff; color: #000000; line-height: 25px;\"><p style=\"font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color: #fff; color: #000000; line-height: 25px; padding: 0; margin: 0;\">Email Message</p>\n</div>",
          "modified": "2021-12-21T02:24:22.507Z",
          "name": "Review Monthly Expenses",
          "outcomes": [
            "Reject",
            "Approve"
          ],
          "overallOutcome": "Approve",
          "status": "complete",
          "subject": "Task: Expenses Review",
          "taskAssignments": [
            {
              "id": "31a5a6a3-1c91-51df-bd3c-a4abaddb53c7",
              "status": "complete",
              "assignee": "steve.smith@nintex.com",
              "createdDate": "2021-12-20T01:27:12.015Z",
              "completedBy": "john.doe@nintex.com",
              "completedDate": "2021-12-21T02:24:22.507Z",
              "outcome": "Approve",
              "completedById": "auth0|5c60d6d4e525ec37a84120f1",
              "updatedDate": "2021-12-21T02:24:22.507Z",
              "escalatedTo": "",
              "delegateId": "1639963769766",
              "delegates": [
                "john.doe@nintex.com",
                "jane.doe@nintex.com"
              ],
              "delegatedDate": "2021-12-20T01:29:29.766Z",
              "delegateComment": "I'm out of office this week",
              "delegatedBy": "steve.smith@nintex.com",
              "urls": {
                "formUrl": "https://developers.workflowcloud.com/task-forms/7d712b81-59d2-5d18-a3f2-c37eebab2eff_32a2a6a3-1c22-51df-bd5c-a4abaddb52c5"
              }
            }
          ],
          "workflowName": "Review Monthly Expenses WF",
          "workflowId": "00f50119-8b2d-45f8-bf23-2f52794ab517"
        }
      ]
    }

Thanks,Majid

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@majid_sahib thanks but we need a filter against workflow ID, not workflow instance ID. I have roughly 150 instances to report on. 

At present that is too much time to open and pull instance ID and then work on the api you mentioned. 

I am just providing a screenshot at this time by region under tasks by opening them after i filter region in task name details. 

Ill see if we can store instance ID in a list next time for reporting on a global initiative next time. Then i can just use the get tasks action and be done if my instances returned after querying are below 1,000 to meet loop limit. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @brandiwoodson 

no worries, the API would also report Tasks on given “Workflow Name” which is the same as providing the “Workflow ID” its the same thing.

Please try something like this for your API call to get “ALL” status of Task for a given workflow name :
url 'https://us.nintex.io/workflows/v2/tasks?workflowName=MyWorkflowName&from=2021-12-21T02%3A24%3A22.507Z&to=2024-12-21T02%3A24%3A22.507Z&status=all' 
the 

Query Parameters : 

workflowName

string

Filter tasks by workflow design name

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@majid_sahib  Are you telling me to add an Xtension to our tenant? If so, which one?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@majid_sahib  I managed to get the v2 Xtension added to our US Tenant. 

• I uploaded the JSON as-is from gallery. 
  • I created an app token and used the client ID and secret
  • I replaced the location with “us” when setting up the Xtension
  • I added a connection and ensured I was listed as owner and user

I’m not sure what I'm doing wrong so I will have to circle back to this another day when I have time to understand Xtensions in more depth. I’m not sure what you mean by try something like this for your API call to get “all” status. 

I was trying to just test list instances action with this Xtension and got the above error. So Idk. 

Additionally, the list tasks action only allows workflow instance ID, not workflow name or workflow ID. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @brandiwoodson 
you could use the Xtension, but the “Call web Service” action would also help here :
in the call web service action : paste the url and use GET web method and then start to Regx the JSON response to extract the the fields from the Task objects:

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @brandiwoodson 
you could use the Xtension, but the “Call web Service” action would also help here :
in the call web service action : paste the url and use GET web method and then start to Regx the JSON response to extract the the fields from the Task objects:

Can you send export of this? These are actions our team has yet to use in NAC. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@majid_sahib  I am trying to retrieve the app token in your step 1 above but stuck. I keep getting an error. I was using the following resource: Applications | Nintex Automation Cloud