Skip to main content

I am currently working on a Nintex cloud form where I am pulling in the individual’s name and other demographic information from an SQL view we have created.  The staff filling out the form will select this individual from a sql list of 7800 names. Then the name selected will be used to derive the other demographic fields related to that individual.

The issue is that we are running into a data source limit of 5000 items so not all the names are populating. Only 5000 of the 7800 or so. Has anyone figured a way to get all the items into a data lookup on a cloud form? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Can't you just use a person field connected to azure to select a person? 

Then take that email from that field and do an external data source on the tabs with a filter for that email only so it only returns one record back from SQL for that employee?

If not...the only other option i can think of is to use an email control and make users enter the email manually and use that text control as your filter for a data source against that employee. 

Thanks Brandi, 

Unfortunately the azure method and other method you mentioned won’t work 😕 I’m not trying to pull a list of staff names but a list of client names that are stored in a SQL view and this view has about 8000 rows which I need all pulled into one single dropdown list. 

So I was able to connect to a data source and pull in the first 5000 rows but I can’t figure out how to pull the full 8000. That's where I’m stuck :( 

Ah i see.

Hmmm maybe a text box people can use that acts as a search box or filter to your data lookup drop down control... not sure if that'll work but maybe? 

Ah i see.

Hmmm maybe a text box people can use that acts as a search box or filter to your data lookup drop down control... not sure if that'll work but maybe? 

So this is what we ended up doing and it worked! Created a short text as a filter for the data lookup. Thank you again Brandi!

Awesome. Glad i could help!