Solved

Securing/hiding fields after form submission

• 28 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi

I have the following use case and not sure how to go about it.

Our nintex AC form has a few fields that should only be visible for selected people and of course to the person who submits the form. 

My problem is that once the form is submitted, any workflow participant (anyone who gets a task or approval basically) will be able to see the original form, including these fields I don’t want them to see. 

Is there a way to do this ? 

It’s an authenticated form so I have the current user from the context (and I can tell if they should see the secured fields or not), but where I’m stuck is how do I know if the form has already been submitted and is showing in “read mode” ? 

icon

Best answer by BarryCairns 28 February 2024, 06:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

For each workflow there is a menu option: My Nintex Settings

This gives you some granular control over who can see what in My Nintex:

What you could then consider is replicating the applicable info onto each task form, only showing each assignee the information they are required / allowed to see. You can export / import your start form into a task form to achieve this quite quickly. You could then either use rules to show and hide controls or make each task form different (starting from the base template).

Badge +2

I totally missed that one, thanks that’s good. 

I just have a couple more questions,

Can you confirm that a business owner will be able to see all submitted forms ?

And also, I’ve tried using the export/import to replicate my form and what it does is that it recreates a whole set of new fields, instead of using the fields from the submitted form and their values.

I understand that nintex AC is supposed to be “new form” only so that would explain this behaviour, and there’s nothing preventing me from manually recreating the form, showing the fields needed depending on the rules etc…

but I was just wondering if maybe I’m not missing something there ? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You’re not missing anything re the second part of your question. What I would suggest is going through the process ONCE of creating a task form that either shows the read only data from the start form, or, if you want to make the fields editable...by setting the start form value using rules. Then once you have that base task / form template, use it to create the others.

And yes, the business owners will retain full access to the start form and task data:

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/MyNintex/Permissions.htm

Badge +2

thank you very much :)