Solved

Rename the uploaded file from the starting form to one of the variables and save it to SharePoint

• 2 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi all, can you please help me sort out my issue, I have been looking everywhere and I can't find a solution.
At the start event form, I set the file upload, this file will always have a different name (depending on the user) I wonder if there is a way to rename it to one of the variables and save it on the SharePoint folder.

icon

Best answer by Chris_Ben 10 April 2024, 22:52

View original

6 replies

Badge +8

Hello @fbartosz , you mention “Start Event Form” which sounds like you are referring to Nintex Automation Cloud.

This was posted under “Nintex Automation”, which is now the new name for K2 Five.

Can you please confirm if this question is related to K2 Five, now knows as “Nintex Automation” or Nintex Automation Cloud, the product previously known as “Nintex Workflow Cloud” ?

Badge +1

Sorry you are correct I rereferred to Nintex Automation Cloud.  I will delete that question and raise it one more Time in correct group. Thank you for your answer :)

Badge +1

​@Deon  can you please close this thread, I can't ask that question under NAC if this one still exists. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @fbartosz 

I have moved this question to the NAC forum so there’s no need to re-post it. 

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately, people will be able to upload the file with various names so I am not sure how I will be able to target it after I save it on share point folder.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi, yes this is possible.  You have to first save the file to SharePoint and then after it has been saved, you can rename it to the name you specified in the start form.  Here’s the workflow outline to do this - NB the get item from collection is used to retrieve the first file from the upload control because the control can accept multiple files.