Solved

Reminder based on Date

• 14 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Everyone, 

In my workflow's start form, I have a field named Planned Date. I am attempting to set up a reminder based on the Planned Date for the same user in the next stage. 

I noticed that we have the option to use a Date Variable in Escalation, where I have calculated "Planned Date" + 2 days in one variable(RemindarDate). However, I don't see the same option available for setting reminders. I have tried converting dates, but the Reminder feature asks for a number.

In short I want to set a reminder for the user for Planned Date + 24 hours, in "Assigned Task to multiple users". 

Please let me know if this is possible or if there's a workaround that I'm not aware of.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by brandiwoodson 14 February 2024, 17:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

So once you set the reminder date, use the action for “Find intervals between two dates” to calculate how many days between today and the reminder date you have determined using an integer variable. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

You can also do this - here is a method with all the steps: 

Step 1 - Use add time to date to calculate “Reminder Date” but using hours. 

Step 2 - Add find interval between dates action to find hours between today (now) and when reminder has to go out. 

Step 3 - Change configuration to hours if using this method for your task.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@brandiwoodson Ah, okay, got it. Thank you very much for your detailed answer and time. Appreciated. 
Have a great day ahead.