Solved

No longer able to get data from Azure AD or task forms to generate documents

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I’ve noticed recently that when I want to use the Generate document function, the document tagger no longer offers data from Azure Active Directory or task forms. I’m 99.999% certain that this was formerly not the case.

I am updating a workflow to make some improvements to it. I’m at the step where a document is generated using data from the workflow. I need the document tags for some data gathered from Azure AD and from a task form. In the workflow reference data, Azure AD isn’t offered as an option at all. The reference data for the task form only offers a tag for “First response” (I’m not even sure what this data would be). But the task form itself has a date field and a long-text field whose data I need for my generated document.

Here’s what I’m seeing:

I know I can create a workaround by grabbing the data I need and creating workflow variables, then using those tags. But I don’t understand why I should have to do that. If the tagging for Azure AD and task forms has been deprecated, what was the rationale?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

icon

Best answer by Chris_Ben 18 February 2024, 21:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi David,

This looks like a bug because you should see variables from actions such as tasks and Azure active directories in the document tagger.  What happens if you create a new workflow with a task and an Azure AD action, do the tags appear there?  I suggest logging a support call to resolve.

Cheers,

Chris

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @DavidAD 

Has your issue been resolved by support?  

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, @Chris_Ben and @MillaZ - yes, I guess this must be a bug. The workflow in question is an older one that I was updating. I started a new one as a test, with a task form and an Azure AD lookup, and both of those did show up in the document tagger.

I’ll submit a support ticket if I feel I need to, but at least now I have a grasp on what the issue is. I’ll use the workaround for this workflow.

Thank you both.