Skip to main content

I have a Nintex Workflow Cloud form with multiple choice fields. Some of these choice fields have follow up questions which will be displayed based on preceding response.  An example:

Choose Preferred Social Activity Type:

1. Online events
  2. In-person meetups
  3. Other
    If other, list activity type below: _______________________

If a user selects (C) or ‘Other’, the follow question will display (If other, list activity type below: ______________________ ) as a required field.  However, as in some cases, a user may change their mind, check back on another option, say option  (A): Online events.

The problem: When a user switches response to A, Nintex will still force the user to fill-in the “If other, list activity type below: _________________” field. 

This is definately, refreshing issue and does not meet my requirement. See attached snippet of the error message.

Hi @tadugna,

This sounds like an issue with the rule.
Ensure you add an Else clause to your rule to reverse the field being displayed and required.
Example:

Hi @tadugna 

Have you resolved your issue?

Hi @tadugna,

Ensure you add an Else clause to your rule to reverse the field being displayed and required.
Example:

Hi @tadugna,

Example:

Thank you much! This worked for my workflow but hope there is a native way of dynamically refreshing dependent fields, especially for non dev fox. Thank you!!

Hi @tadugna 

In previous Nintex Forms products, form rules did automatically reversed if not true.
This seems to make Nintex Automation Cloud forms look inferior, but in fact, the reverse is true.
This makes the rule structure even more flexible. I don’t think it is a matter of having to be a developer but just a different learning curve. Thank you for your feedback.