Skip to main content
Question

Nintex Automation Cloud - Is there a workaround for editing repeating sections in forms

• 25 July 2024
  • 1 reply

This one is really curly for me and had me stumped for a few weeks now. 

So my form has several repeating sections which are part of a larger form complex change request form. These repeating sections are labeled as ‘Tasks’ that a person would carry out as part of a change request. This would then go to the manager for approval, however the requirement is for the manager to have the ability to make changes to the data that is in the repeating tables if that person needs to. My issue is find a way to do this as when the manager received the request the repeating sections are read only.  Any ideas ?

p.s. the data in this form goes into a SharePoint list

Cheers

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Mark Thompson 

Nintex forms for Office 365 have editable repeating sections built in, we are working on adding that capability to the cloud workflow platform but for now most who need this capability will stick to using just the Office 365 forms with the workflow running entirely as an orchestrator.

There are 2 approaches you can take, you can either work with a one form design where all parties use the same list form to action a list sending emails informing of when action is required or you can create list items in a ‘task list’ of sorts where the original form data is copied over by the workflow and alteration is tracked by the workflow.

Going forward our intension is to add full editing capability and many other features starting at the end of this year. 

If you would like to discuss this and the use cases you have in detail please do reach out to your Nintex account manager to see if they can assist you.

Jake.