Skip to main content
Solved

NAC and O365 help me understand

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Background: We currently have Nintex Forms/Workflow for SharePoint 2019 (On-Prem). We had been using Nintex for O365 for some forms/workflows but manually migrated them back to On-Prem when the end of life approached last year.

Now we would like to use O365 with NAC as the workflow engine. The part I don’t understand is which Nintex tool handles the forms for O365? I built a NAC workflow with a start event form. The data writes to a list in O365 but how can a user open the data in the list and have it display on the NAC form?

Is the idea to use Nintex Forms for O365 (is that still a thing?) as the form on the SPO list and have NAC function as just the workflow (using the NAC connector)?

Is there a way to do this solely in NAC without needing SPO? Can data entered be saved to a table and then opened on a NAC form?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @BrianK,

I understand your confusion.
Nintex Automation Cloud forms are for data input only.
This means you must use another method to edit or view items in O365.
Nintex for O365 forms is still being developed, and new features are added constantly, such as the recent forms plugin feature.
You can also use SharePoint forms to view and edit items.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Simon,

Thanks for clarifying. The problem I’m having is adding Nintex Forms for O365 in our tenant. This is the message that appears when the app is located in appsource/sharepoint store:

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @BrianK,

Microsoft is retiring the app store from April 2026.
There is more information about it here: 

It appears that as of the 1st of July 2024, some customers are having issues adding Nintex apps.
We are investigating this issue with Microsoft.

In the meantime, try the following workaround: appending either of the below to the site URL should take you directly to the store page. Note that admin permissions may be required to add the app.

• Forms: /_layouts/15/appStore.aspx/appDetail/WA104137886?sorting=1&from=0&catalog=0
  • Workflow: /_layouts/15/appStore.aspx/appDetail/WA104114857?sorting=1&from=0&catalog=0

E.g. https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sitename/_layouts/15/appStore.aspx/appDetail/WA104137886?sorting=1&from=0&catalog=0