Skip to main content
Solved

Form Editing

• 29 July 2022
  • 3 replies

How to prevent a user from editing a form if the value is set to a value in a specific column?

Hi @spike10206 

1. Can you elaborate what you want to achieve?

2. Which type of form are you using? NWC Form (New Responsive) or Forms for O365 (New Responsive, Responsive or Classic)

3. Is the value referring to a lookup value?

4. Did you mean to prevent editing the form once the workflow is completed?

5. The SP column for your application or request status column value is "Completed" or "Done"

New Responsive Forms

If you are using the new responsive forms, a simple implementation is to set the controls as read-only using the rules. 

There is no way to disable the Submit button. However you can use a hack using the Submit Rules. Create a control, make it required and read-only. The user is unable to fill this field and when user click submit button, the validation message appears. 

ALL Forms

A more advance method is to set the list item as read-only - Refer here https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint-Forum/Make-edit-form-readonly-after-workflow-completes/m-p/55640 

Cheers

1. Can you elaborate what you want to achieve?

• I want to be able to block someone from updating the form after it has been marked by reviewed and closed by anyone.

• I also dont want it to go through the workflow again if it has already been closed.

• I have users that submit the form then an approver that reviews and closes the form. Only the reviewers have edit access since they have to review and close. but i dont want them to be able to edit nor it send through workflow if they have already "closed" the form.

2. Which type of form are you using? NWC Form (New Responsive) or Forms for O365 (New Responsive, Responsive or Classic)

• I believe I'm using 365 Responsive 

3. Is the value referring to a lookup value?

• Yes called "open/closed"

4. Did you mean to prevent editing the form once the workflow is completed? See number 1

5. The SP column for your application or request status column value is "Completed" or "Done"

• I used "open/closed"

Hi @spike10206 

Your form should have a (text) control which is connected to the "Open/Closed" column. 

Here the control "Status" is connected to SP column. 

Select any control on the form - "UserName". Create a rule for the control.

When Status is equals to "Closed" (Case sensitive!), then Invalidate Form. This prevents the form from being submitted.

Next, we associate the rules with the other controls.

Select all the controls in the form. 

Click the Ellipsis (...) (the 3 dots) in the Rule. Click Add to selected controls.

Verify the rule has been applied. Move the cursor to the Rules Ellipsis (...). 

The description should state "Rule x applies to Control1, Control2, etc"

When the form is displayed, Status should have the value of "Open/Closed". 

When Status has value of "Closed", the form is prevented from being saved.

Cheers