Skip to main content

Hi All

I have a document generation action configure which creates a PO and at the bottom I would like to add the image of a signature that is captured in the original form.

I can do this successfully but the problem is when the document is generated the signature can be huge and looks horrible.

Is there a way I can create a box in word that will restrict the size of the signature so that the whole signature is essentially squeezed into the box?

this is working with a signature field on a nintex automation cloud start event form using document generation action.

Thanks

Hi @Andy.Emery 

Here is how it can be done

URL: https://help.nintex.com/en-us/nwc/content/Designer/Actions/GenerateDocument.htm

1. Save an existing signature image to your desktop.
  2. Use image editing tools to resize that image. Try to maintain the width-height ratio 
    If the image ratio is not maintained, the final result might look squeeze.
  3. Once, you have the correct size for the signature image. Save the image.
  4. Use this resized image as the initial placeholder.
  5. Update the Selection Pane with the image Tag from the Tagger   .  

Hi @Andy.Emery 

You can do this by placing a placeholder image in the document where you want the signature, I like to take a screenshot of the signature area from the form so the proportions are the same.

Once it is there with the placeholder image selected, click the Format tab in the ribbon, and then Select Pane

The image will be named something like Picture 1, replace this with the tag of your image.

The size and format of the placeholder will dictate the output image.

Jake

@Jake & @Garrett 

Thanks both this is brilliant and worked staright away, thank you very much. Easy when you know how 😀

haha!

I just learned this image resizing hack 2 weeks ago.

Just sharing so that others don’t have to waste their DocGen licenses. I used up about 20-25 DocGen license to figure this out