Question

Can I access the properties of a form control

Badge +1

Hi,

I would like to pass some properties of the form controls such as Textbox.title, Textbox.description and so on to an SQL table. Is this possible at all?

2 replies

Badge +8

Hi @SSAM

What is the use case for this?

The workflow does not have access to Form Control Properties, it only has access to the control values. 

In most cases you will have a 1:1 relationship between the Form data and a SQL table, so if you have First_Name, Last_Name controls on the form you will have a FirstName and LastName column in your SQL table.

Unless you wanted to store Key-Value-Pairs, I am interested in your specific use case.

You can potentially store everything in a Repeating section with max 1 row and then output the JSON for the repeating section to a SQL stored proc which inserts the values in a table or something.

Badge +1

Hi @Deon ,

We are about to migrate and create a big number of forms from another platform to Nintex. And these form responses would need to be stored in our on-prem SQL database (our school LMS) for staff to access.  

So, we were hoping to create a standard template and workflow that would save the definition for the form and controls along with the control values using a general stored proc. 

Hope that explains:)