Question

Automate update of tables

• 22 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Is there a way to automate the the the data n the new Tables feature?

We have a desire to use the tables but also want to update the data once a week. We would prefer to not manually upload every week.

I checked the API documetation but did not see anything
https://developer.nintex.com/docs/nc-api-docs/f3b160a1aa841-nintex-automation-cloud-api

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Yes. I created a scheduled workflow for something we have sitting in a SharePoint list. If the list is updated, it finds the item that was edited and updates the information. If a new item is created in the list, it adds a new record to the table. 

Where is your source data coming from?

I should point out that our data is synced to oracle on-premise using a power shell script to update the list every night. 

Badge +4

The source data is a Excel or CSV list that gets updated once a week.

I think I see where you are coming from. The scheduled workflow looks for changes and then does an add or change row action.

Maybe I was overthinking it.

With that idea, I can see using a component workflow to do on demand changes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

The source data is a Excel or CSV list that gets updated once a week.

I think I see where you are coming from. The scheduled workflow looks for changes and then does an add or change row action.

Maybe I was overthinking it.

With that idea, I can see using a component workflow to do on demand changes.

Good deal. Yeah I’m not sure how you would work in a live excel or CSV file. We don’t connect to files like that, we primarily stay in the lane of a SharePoint list. But good luck! :)