Skip to main content

Hi Everyone, I'm having trouble getting an attachment list to work for some individuals.

I have a basic SharePoint smartform and the associated attachment list that is generated from the wysiwyg. I can utilize the form and upload documents without issue. Anyone else that seems to use it gets an error that is described here:  https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt132940 .

This is seems to be occuring with individuals who are not admins. The problem described at this link:  https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt132940 does not apply because my permissions are already set as noted. 

It appears to me to be a permissions issue but I cannot figure out where else to check to ensure they have the right to upload documents. All of the smartobjects and forms are set to inherit permissions. The individuals can submit the form without attachments just fine. Any ideas?

Thank,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I have seen this error few times when you have the designer and the runtime site using different AppPools. can you confirm if this is the case?

I did double check that and they are on the same app pool. I did find out that this only occurs in internet explorer and only when opening the form from the sharepoint list. If I open a worklist view that contains the sharepoint smartform it allows me to attach in any browser. So it seems to be specific to internet explorer when opening a smartform from sharepoint and attempting to attach an item.

Hi,

I have seen in the past that the issue can be related to document mode. Could you compare the document mode in IE between a working and a non-working user? For example, IE > F12 Developer tools > Emulation > Mode > Document mode.

Ahh, this makes sense. It does appear to be related to the document mode. Now the question is how do I ensure the document mode is correct?

Hi bhickok2,

The Document Modes settings are typically controlled via GPO (Compatibility mode). You might want to check with your IT team on the GPO’s Compatibility Mode such as “Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 9 sites” setting.