Skip to main content

I am attempting to add attachments to a new item form attached to a SharePoint list. I added the "Add Attachments" view onto the form and am trying to adjust the rules to allow the attachments to be associated with the new list item that is being created. How do I get the attachments to save to the new form without knowing what the ID is for the new item? 

I attempted to get the id from the configure outgoing settings and write it to a property and then see what it is collecting the the set the properties of ID Content control. Everything I attempt to collect and write to the ID Content control is empty. 

Thanks for any help. 

Ben

Hi,

Are you looking to setup something similar to the one in this video link? Perhaps, the below steps might help.

1. Add a transfer data action to the Save button click event. The transfer data action will occur after the Create List item method is executed. 

2. Map item ID (SharePoint list item ID) to the Attachment List's ItemID parameter

3. Add the Attachment List's Save Toolbar Button rule.

Thank you! I was overwriting my value with the transfer and this helped clarify it. Much appreciated!