Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to create a show/hide rule based on whether a user is in a SharePoint group.

Option A Issue: 
I use the " then on SharePoint Integration Helper Methods SmartObject, execute its Is User in Any One Group method (configure).   My configuration uses the site URL/Group ID/FQN as values and I pass back the value to a datafield on my view.

The value always comes back as False however, when infact I am in all groups, and one value won't come back at all.   If I replace the FQN with the 'Name' field which someone suggested then it throws an error saying 'index is out of bounds of the array'

Option B Issue:

If I use the 'Group' smartobject instead that sits within the management folder of SP Sites, then the form throws a 404 error, despite the configuration being set up with the correct URL. 

Has anyone else had these issues with K2 5? I thinkl the config is correct as I have followed other examples on here.

Thanks, Julie

Hi Julie,

Have you tried to run the Synchronize Groups?

-Jean

Hi JulieBird,

OptionB using the the Group > Get users for Group method should work when passing in the group name (Title) and the username (User Title). I think you will probably need to resolve the 404 error first. I would start checking the following items. If everything is checked out, then i would recommend logging a K2 Support ticket to get this resolve.

1. Which account is using to run the Group SmartObject?

2. Are you able to execute the Group SmartObject from Management site? 

3. Could you try with the K2 Service account? Perhaps, you can rerun the Registration wizards.

4. Does the account have read rights to the K2 hidden lists in SharePoint (i.e. https://SharePoint_site_name/Lists/K2 Settings)

Hi Khan,

Thanks for the suggestions.   Sycronisizing people didn;t work, but I have yet to try the other suggestions as I don;t have farm access to try the others so need to wait until I can get one to have a go at them.

I'll keep the ticket open so I can report back with what solved it for others.

Thanks, Julie :-)