Hyperlink in Rich Text editor

Badge +3

Hi all,

I recently bumped into a nifty functionality that could easily be overlooked. So i just wanted to share it with you. 

You can actually easily turn any text, into a hyperlink! 

Here's the "How To":

Create a view with a Rich Text Box control. Add some text into it. 

16776i277D694C8B74173B.png

Next, highlight the text (can be 1 character, 1 word, multiple words, etc) you would like to link to URL.

Then, hold down CTRL + K (this is where the magic happens!)

This window will now pop up on your screen.

12918iDC72D2CCDC03822F.png

Here, you can change the TYPE (http:, https:, mailto:, ftp:, etc you name it!) and then insert the desired URL. Here, i'm just using Google because... well, it's google! 

12149i661FFCD482F17726.png

Then, you can see that we have successfully turned the highlighted text, (in my case, "This") into a hyperlink! 

14830iCF2CA4AF6D4AC59E.png

And for you coders out there, this is what it looks like in HTML. You can see that we essentially just wrapped the <a href> tag around the selected word, redirecting it to the URL we typed in. 

12423iED64CDCE9C6289F7.png

NOTE: You can do this for ANY TEXT within the Rich Text Box. 

Easy! Simple! No code! 

EDIT NOTE: This will only work in IE. Chrome and Firefox have set CTRL+K as a global hotkey for "Search" function. Can't overwrite that xD 

2 replies

Badge +8

This is a pretty good post. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

It is imperative that your page content is exact, elegantly composed and useful. There is excessively online rivalry for you to be messy with your substance, and phdify.com. will ensure that your site pages are displayed in an expert and intriguing way.

We will outline your substance around the watchwords and expressions use by those looking for the data you give. On the off chance that your catchphrase inquire about is poor then our pages are at risk to be lost among the billions of others on the web, and we will enable you to maintain a strategic distance from that by choosing the most aggressive watchwords around which to manufacture your site structure.

When you have pulled in guests to your pages, you should then keep them there. Our written work administrations will give the data they need to make remain with you to discover more. There is no space for novice content writing in the present ferocious promoting will offer the demonstrable skill that you should need to make progress.