User Spotlight: Jason Roberts

• 25 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

In this month’s user spotlight blog, we’re talking to Jason Roberts, a Solutions Engineer on our pre-sales team for the AMER region.
Username: JRoberts

Q: What is your current role, how long have you worked at Nintex, and your career background?
I guess I’ve been in the tech industry for over twenty-five years now if you count interning back during my college years. I’ve worn a few hats from over that time like support, admin, and developer. I’ve worked in the financial, manufacturing, and software industries. Currently I am a Solutions Engineer on our pre-sales team for the AMER region. I have been with Nintex for a little more than ten years having come in from the K2 acquisition a couple years ago. Previously to this role I was a content and training creator for our Enablement team.  Originally, I came into K2 after being a customer and had worked with the K2 platform for about three years up to that point.

Q: Which Nintex Product are you most passionate about and why?
I’m probably a little biased having had such a long background with the Nintex Automation(K2) products and working with the training team to build learning content for it. I’ve put a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and my voice to that content over that time.
😊

Q: What do you enjoy most about answering Community questions? 
I think the fact that customers can connect not only with employees to get help, but also with each other on Community is a great tool to have. When you think about the use case you’re trying to solve for, odds are, someone out there has already walked down that road and can help move you forward with what you’re trying to build.

Q: Is there any advice you would give to users learning Nintex?
Learning from my experience as a customer, I recommend starting smaller with your first couple automation projects. Organizations obviously want a positive ROI very quickly, but if you can get some quick smaller wins within your organization early on, the excitement for adoption will grow quickly from there. Many people try to go large and wide too quickly, so I encourage you to take time in learning how to think about automation in your business. Technologically speaking, you can learn what the Nintex tools do very fast, but your strength and success will come by learning how to listen to your process owners with intention, asking them questions to really gain understanding of the processes they’ve been doing for years, and applying that knowledge when you build out the digital experience they will use going forward. Partner with them so they have ownership in it too rather than dictating what they’re going to have to do going forward.

Q: What's one thing — either industry-related or not — you learned in the last month?
Having been in the customer enablement and training side of things for so long, I’m having to retrain my brain on how I talk about our products in pre-sales. In many of these conversations, I don’t have to walk customers through every small detail on how to wire up their Nintex workflow to a line-of-business system. I need to talk about the fact that you can do it and show the value of it in action. Solution demonstration vs technical training experiences are different things. That also requires talking from experience rather than right from a voiceover script.

Q: What's something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?
If you’ve taken any of the Nintex Automation or K2 Cloud training over the past ten years, you’ve heard my voice in the videos. I hope it wasn’t too straining for you. 😊

Jason Roberts playing guitar.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!