User Spotlight: Eric Rhodes

• 31 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

In this month’s user spotlight blog, we’re talking to Eric Rhodes, a Senior Developer for Fulton County Schools in Atlanta, Georgia.

Q. What is your current role, and some career background?
My current position is a Senior Developer for Fulton County Schools in Atlanta, Georgia. It’s hard for me to believe, but I have now been in the Information Technology field for 30 years as of October 2023. My first job out of college was COBOL programming. During the course of my career, I have been a support technician, network administrator, webmaster, developer, consultant, and trainer.

I have been building applications using the Nintex Process Platform since 2009 when I started using Nintex Workflow 2007. I have been fortunate in my career to work for Nintex customers, partners, and Nintex directly, which has given me a unique perspective and many opportunities to help others with my Nintex experience.

Q. Which Nintex Product are you most passionate about and why?
I have been using Nintex Automation Cloud (NAC) heavily on multiple projects for the past year and half. It’s an impressive application that connects with other systems and allows you to design feature-filled forms that open so many opportunities to automate business processes. It’s neat to see the reactions of people when you build something that makes their jobs and processes easier and more effective. I’m looking forward to seeing future NAC features and capabilities to add further value to my projects.

Q. What do you enjoy most about answering Community questions?
It is very gratifying knowing that I can pay it forward by sharing something I’ve learned to help someone else. I have benefitted from the knowledge and expertise of others in the Community either directly or by finding replies to other members’ questions.

The Nintex Community is always my first stop when I’m trying to figure out how to do something or learn something new. I get a chuckle when I search the Nintex Community for an answer to my question and discover that I had posted the solution to the exact same issue when helping someone else.

Q. Is there any advice you would give to users learning Nintex?
Don’t be afraid to reach out directly to others in the Nintex Community. I have learned so much from seeing how others are using Nintex products to build applications that have great impact within their organizations.

Nintex certifications are a great way to advertise your expertise with Nintex products. I know taking certification tests can be intimidating but keep working towards passing them and investing in your career.

Q. What's one thing — either industry-related or not — you learned in the last month?
I recently heard a quote from author and speaker Jon Acuff that says, “Everything you apply time to gets better”. I have been trying to apply that to life recently in terms of my faith, family, career, and personal goals.

Q. What's something about you that not many people know?
I enjoy collecting sports cards and memorabilia. I have a large collection that includes Michael Jordan rookie cards, graded original Star Wars cards, and autographs from many of my past and present favorite players.

I was born and raised in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and I am a proud graduate of the University of Alabama. In fact, I have been a BAMA fan ever since my first basketball game at 4 weeks old. ROLL TIDE!!!

Eric Rhodes

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Spotlight on Eric is well deserved. He’s a well versed expert on the Nintex Process Platform indeed! Definitely follow him if you can!