It's here... Nintex Document Generation

Show first post

38 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Rhia,

In the last on-prem release in July we added the Image URL data type

And yes you are correct with wanting to add text under each image or any kind of separation although you could choose the repeated format of 'Table' and what this does is output each column in your table as a new row.

e.g. setup column 1 as you image and column 2 as text..

Won't suit all scenarios as the text would need to be in a collection but one possible option

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ahhhhhhh I see. Welp, time to update! Thanks! Missed those release notes, I will have to set up an alert for myself. 

And, I like the idea of "repeated table" -- I was trying to think up scenarios where I'd use that, and didn't consider that!

Thanks Rick  

Badge +8

I don't see this action available in my on prem version of Nintex. How do I get it? This is a feature that we are trying to achieve through other means as we speak.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Do you have Enterprise licensing or Standard?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Document generations are licensed separately. There is a configuration in central administration:   

Badge +8

Enterprise

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Alright, you should have a demo amount associated -- you'll want to make sure that the action is available via the link that ‌ sent. You may also need to upgrade, depending on what version you're at.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Roger,

Just wanted to clarify that there is no version dependency to use doc gen, you can use on both standard/enterprise for 2013/2016..

Did you get it working?  As ‌ has mentioned there is some setup in CA to make the action appear in the toolbox, if you are still having issue please contact support and they will be able to help you out..

Cheers

Badge +8

My organization was evaluating this feature in a test environment. The security team thought that Nintex Live was too much of a risk, so we never got the feature over to the production environment.

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If security is a concern, you may want to reach out to your Nintex Account Manager and let them know. There are things they can do to assist your security team in understanding the nature of Nintex Live. I have heard they have extra documentation they can provide and sign off on for ease of (corporate) mind. 

Badge +8

I will see if they can get ahold of the account manager.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Let me know if you need assistance. Cheers!

Badge +8

I reached out and they prefer to not pursue this after it was already shut down, and well as the additional licensing. They want to try to solve the issue with what they have on hand.