Skip to main content

This is just a reminder for me (if I need it in the future) or whoever need it so as to lose time I lost trying to do it.

I tryied to customize a task form with Nintex Forms and I received this message.

Please update to the current version of Nintex Forms for Office 365

• You are using an older version of Nintex Forms for Office 365
  • Update to the most recent version to customize task forms

117298_pastedImage_1.png

And I asked myself how could I update it. Because I didn't remember a Sharepoint feature to update installed apps.

And after some time I solved it with the next steps:

In order to add the app to your Office 365 tenancy, you will need to add the app. This tutorial will take you through the process of adding the app.

In your Office 365 site, click on the Settings icon and click on Add an app.

117398_pastedImage_5.png

This is an old post so I don't know if there's been an update to the message box, but here's my input.

Correction: You're not adding the Nintex Forms app--you're updating the app.

As a technical writer, I would recommend adding helpful info in the 'Please update to the current version of Nintex Forms for Office 365' message box. Something like:

• Update to the most recent version to customize task forms (Settings > Site Contents > click 'update' on the Nintex Forms app)

I just found this link that provides the instructions: https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-3493 

However, I still recommend adding the path in the 'Please update' message so users don't have to google how to do it. It is continually frustrating trying to resolve issues on our own. The more instructions you include in the UI, the better the User Experience!