Skip to main content

Ever used regular expressions?

Problem: you need to get a special Id from a webpage but it's created in Angular and you can't grab the ID form the page.

There are 2 ways to get this ID.

(1) You can use the split command:

first do a mouse-click in the page and Grab the complete page (Ctrl-C /Ctrl-V) an place it in a variable.

than investigate the screengrab and find the splitting parts and start splitting an d Isolate the ID.

This can work but is not always reliable an if page changes in text the splitting can fail.

(2) But the find regular expression is perfect.

the first part is the same do a screengrab of the webpage and place it in an variable.

Than find out what the structure is of the ID you need Kryon to find:

example: if the ID looks like ASD2020345 you create a regular expression of this pattern, the regular expression of this would look like this: wwwddddddd

So Kryon will search the variable and register only this pattern.

If the pattern is like above but sometimes there are eight numbers you add a plus behind the expression and it will get ID with 7 or more numbers.

If you search for dates and they are create like Aug 12, 2021 (americain style)

you can create the pattern like: www+ dd, dddd

and Kryon will only grab this pattern.

It is very fast and very reliable, check the screenshot and tell me how it helped you....

Thanks Leon!

Yes, Regex are great (i've used them for over 15 years).

They're really easy to use in Kryon Studio - and you can test it right away - and see if your regex works. Have you checked out this regex helper: https://regex101.com/ ?

Hi Marlon,

yes I did, its very easy material an really powerful to use...

Thank you for sharing @leon RomansvanSchaik​ - super helpful!